The CGIAR Excellence in Breeding platform (EiB) requires the services of an experienced breeder to work with EiB, CGIAR breeding programs and developing world national programs to identify opportunities for making improvements to breeding programs and developing an action plan to achieve these improvements.
Start date: mid-October 2018.
Contract duration: Two months (with possibility for extension).
Duty station: The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) HQ, Abadan, Nigeria.
- Assist breeding programmes in addressing recommendations of breeding program assessment tool (BPAT) reviews
- Work with the breeding programmes to generate detailed crop specific modernisation plans based on demand led breeding that incorporate best practices from the private sector
- Advise management on improvements required to support and facilitate modern breeding across six crops
- Submit an end-of-contract report to EiB
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with a breeding program
- Very good understanding of modern breeding approaches and principals
Ideally, the candidate will have:
- Minimum 10 years of running a breeding program
- Private sector experience
- Experience with making improvements to a breeding program
In order to apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptations are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.